Saturday, October 10, 2009

a perfect day




















I have been so busy since returning to work that I have missed the long days of summer where I spent lots of time with my children and took on a million projects. Today was a reminder of those blissful days. I started the morning by making a knotted cap for my 3 year old (and one for her doll) out of red jersey knit fabric. I whipped it up in about 30 minutes. A perfect project for a Saturday morning.
















After flu shots, a family trip to target (where I spent way too much), and a quick swing by JoAnn's Fabric, my daughter and I made chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting. Yum. I've already had two and I'm thinking about having another...

2 comments:

Penny said...

Your daughter looks so cuddly & warm in her hat! Cute!!!

Renee de Montaigne said...

Your Etsy site looks great. Maybe you could put your knot hats up there too. So cute.

Best of Wishes!

PS: still waiting to find out about that date... i understand if you can't wait.