Sunday, October 4, 2009

blogtoberfest

I just joined blogtoberfest and committed to posting every day in October. Yikes!

Now that I am back to work with two little ones at home, life has been a little crazy. I wish I could stay home but it just isn't an option right now. Between pumping and all the logistics for getting ready every day, my head is spinning.

Last Tuesday we got the girls together and rushed to my parent's house (my parents and in-laws generously split child care for us — we are so blessed). When we got there I realized we had forgotten our diapers. We use cloth so it wasn't as simple as having extra pampers at Grandma's. After a quick and frantic discussion over who could meet who where with the diapers, it was decided my husband could meet them at library school and drop them off. With the girls all set my husband rushed to drop me at the train and head back home to get ready for work. I finally got on the train, about 20 minutes late and tried to relax. I bent down to get my book out of my laptop bag and realized I didn't have my laptop bag. It was in the back seat of our car that was on it's way home! My wonderful husband turned around after my desperate phone call and met me at the station. The crazy thing is that I remembered to bring ice cream and all the toppings that were left over from our sundae party for my colleagues but totally forgot my laptop. Needless to say, I ended up getting to work 45 minutes late and feeling like I had already worked an entire day.

Remind me to tell you about Wednesday, when I forgot my pumping bottles and pumped into a styrofoam cup instead! The adventure continues...

No comments: