Tuesday, June 29, 2010

work isn't so bad

It's not easy being a full-time working mom. I hate leaving my kids every day but I'm also lucky to have a job in this economy.

The other day, I was rushing around making my lunch, my usual cheese and mustard sandwich (I know it sounds gross, but I am addicted). I was putting just bread and cheese into a ziploc because I often add the mustard at work so the sandwich doesn't get soggy. My 3 year old noticed this and said, "Mommy, don't forget the mustard."
I replied, "Thanks sweetie, but I have mustard at work."
She thought about this for a second and said, "Wow, so work isn't so bad. You have mustard, you have your friends. Kids miss their mommies but we get used to it."

Way to boil it all down. Work really isn't that bad. Leave it to a 3 year old!

No comments: